Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 2nd!


Happy October 2nd! 

  I almost forgot to do a post today because I was so busy, so this is going to be a short one. I did want to share with you my new favorite treat. I do not buy tons of sweets  because either I wanna make my own or I figure I don't need them. But I came across something I just couldn't pass up. Reese's Pumpkin ice cream bars. They are peanut butter ice cream with real peanut butter swirls covered in Reese's chocolate shaped like a pumpkins. I didn't know that Reese's pumpkins could get any better till I ate one of these.


Halloween Marshmallow Popcorn Balls

Yield: 8-10 Popcorn Balls
1/4 cup  (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
40  regular/standard size marshmallows
1 tsp.  vanilla
1/4 tsp.  salt
12 cups buttery popcorn, popped
Orange and Black sprinkles 
  1. Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Stir until melted.  Add marshmallows, vanilla and salt.  Heat until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well incorporated, stirring constantly.
  2. Place popped popcorn in large bowl. Add marshmallow mixture on top and toss with two wooden spoons to coat.
  3. Shape into 8-10 large balls with well-buttered hands. Place on sheets of parchment paper and sprinkle with halloween sprinkles; let stand until firm


Movie Pick for Tonight! 


Phantasm II (1988) : Mike, following his release from a psychiatric hospital, teams up with old pal Reggie to hunt down the Tall Man, who is at it again. A mysterious, beautiful girl has also become part of Mike's dreams, and they must find her before the Tall Man does. They reach an Oregon cemetery that has had all the bodies dug up and removed. Realizing this is the work of the Tall Man, they venture inside armed heavily. But the Tall Man still has his deadly flying spheres - and a couple of cronies who will stop at nothing to keep their evil plans a secret.

No comments: