Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday!



I didn't mean to skip yesterday but I was busy all day and when I wasn't actually busy I was having a movie night with the Mister. I almost didn't get around to posting today because this is a busy week but I decided to take a few minutes to make a post...

30 Day Horror Challenge: Day 12 (yesterday) -Your favorite horror film involving the occult:


I am having trouble with this one. I am not 100% sure what my favorite horror film involving the occult is. But if I have to pick one I guess I would say probably The Reaping from 2007. This was a movie the Mister and I saw randomly. One day we went to see a movie in the afternoon and the one we wanted was sold out so we just picked this one because it was at the same time. But honestly I am glad we did. Being a fan of religious horror I found this one very interesting and the plot was really well written. I had no idea that I would like this one as much as I did but I can say we have watched it a bunch of times since it came out on dvd and we still love it. The film was directed by Stephen Hopkins who has worked on lots of great movies, one being another favorite of mine A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child. This is a good one to check out when your in the mood for it.



Day 13 - Your favorite horror comedy:
My favorite horror comedy is Fido from 2006. I have a few favorites actually that I like about the same but this is this first one that popped in my head, so I'm going with this one. Everything about this movie is great. I love the bright and fun look that this film has. You in this 1950s alternate universe where radiation from space has turned the dead into zombies and it resulted in the "Zombie Wars". Now that they have the zombies under control a company called Zomcon have fenced in communities to keep the bad zombies out so people could return to normal life. They made these collars with remote controls to control zombies' hunger for flesh' so people can use them as servants. The story picks up with one family, a wife buys a zombie even though her husband didn't want one and the zombie becomes more than a servant zombie to the wife and son. This film has a great plot, a great cast and keeps you very much entertained. 





Some songs from my favorite Halloween cd Halloween Hootenanny!

1. The Halloween Dance : Reverend Horton Heat
2. Gravewalk : Satan's Pilgrims
3. Halloween (She Get So Mean) : Rob Zombie featuring The Ghastly Ones
4. No Costume, No Candy : Swingin' Neckbreakers
5. The Creature Stole My Surfboard : Dead Elvi
6. Werewolf : Southern Culture On The Skids
7. I Drink Blood : Rocket From The Crpyt
8. A Fistful Of Terror : The Bomboras
9. Little Demon : The Amazing Crowns
10. Spooks Night Out : The Legendary Invisible Men 
11. Ribcage Mumbo : Frenchy
12. Werewolves On Wheels :The Born Losers
13. Psychic Voodoo Doll : Deadbolts

No comments: