Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Well it's Labor day which makes it pretty much the end of summer and going by the weather today it already feels like Fall. It is so cold out compared to the 101 it was on Saturday. We were going to get some stuff done but decided not too because I'm not feeling great plus it's the perfect gloomy day for horror movies. Tomorrow Dead Island comes out and of course we pre-ordered it for PS3 so there is more of our free time gone. The next few weekends are filled with Fall things to do so that's always exciting. We have the Fall Festival on Saturday, Fall Flea Market on Sunday, the following weekend is Oktoberfest and so on. I think we do more in the Fall than any other time of the year but Fall is the best time of the year! 
 I tried my hardest to come up with the perfect holiday horror movie for Labor day but I just couldn't think of one. I have one for most holidays except today so I am sorry. If anyone knows of one let me know please. But I will post my day 5 of the Horror Challenge...


30 Days of Horror Challenge: Day 05 - Your favorite monster movie:
 I love monster movies, from the original Universal Monsters all the way to guys dressed up in giant monster costumes. But my favorite has to be Monster Squad from 1987. This is actually one of my all time top ten favorite movies ever since I was little. I pretty much can put this movie on and watch it over and over and never get sick of it. I have probably seen it well over a 100 times. It was written and directed by Fred Dekker who also wrote and directed Night of the Creeps, which is just as amazing and also a favorite of mine. This movie is more of a horror comedy than a straight up horror film but it's a fun time. It has a great cast filled with an equally great story line. Plus the 'classic" monsters are top notch. Not to mention this has a great soundtrack as well!


On a side note speaking of monster's I need the two new Monster High dolls for my collection. I love these two! I am such a sucker for Monster High. I keep buying all the toys, headbands, reading the books and everything else. I have a problem but I'm good with it. Now I am off to watch some horror movies and enjoy the gloom!


No comments: