Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello Thursday!

I picked up a few new Monster High things recently. I finally got my hands on the Operetta fashion pack. I have not been a huge fan of the fashion packs and have only picked up a couple of them. But I was in love with Operetta's. I didn't have the heart to change my Operetta because I love her original outfit so I  decided to put her new outfit on my Physical Deaducation Ghoulia. I like it. I also found the Monster High Uno, we are huge gamers in my house and I couldn't pass this up. The artwork is super cute and it even has a special card with Ghoulia on it with a fun rule.



Triloquist (2008) : Eighteen years after seeing their mother overdose in a seedy Hollywood motel room, a pair of permanently warped siblings attempts to fulfill their mother's dying wish that they both become world class ventriloquists. The son hasn't said a word since the day he watched his mother die, and daughter is determined to make it to Las Vegas by whatever means possible. They both come from a long line of talented ventriloquists, but these days the balance of power has shifted in the dummy's favor. Now, as these twisted siblings embark on a murderous desert rampage, it's plain to see who's really in control here.

Dead Silence (2007) : In a rainy afternoon, the young couple Lisa and Jamie Ashen anonymously receive a mysterious package with a weird dummy inside. Jamie leaves the apartment to buy Chinese food, and when he returns, he finds Lisa dead, totally disfigured and without her tongue. The snoopy detective Jim Lipton blames Jamie as prime suspect. Jamie finds in the box a reference to their hometown and he drives to the decadent Ravens Fair for the funeral services of Lisa and to investigate the legend of the ventriloquist Mary Shaw. His father Edward Ashen and his young wife Ella disclose that the woman was accused in the glorious days of Ravens Fair in the 40's of abducting and killing a boy that yelled with her on the stage. The locals, including his father, chased her, cut out her tongue and killed her. On the next years, the cursed families and descendent of the killers has had mysterious and creepy deaths, with the tongues removed and faces disfigured. Jamie goes to the old theater in Lost Lake trying to find evidences of his innocence and discovers that Mary Shaw was constructing the perfect doll, and that the spirits have long memories.

Magic (1978) : Magician's assistant Corky performs disastrously at his first solo appearance. He is given a ventriloquist dummy called Fats to improve his act and within a few years Corky is at the height of fame. However, Fats has developed a mind of his own and wants to control his master.



No comments: