Monday, June 6, 2011

A new favorite movie...

  Ok so on Easter I lost a very important person in my life and since than everything has been kinda eh. I mean I am back into the swing of every day life but I still have my moments. Well Brownlog tries to do everything to make me feel better and is really great at making me feel better. Well one day he rented me a movie called : Tears of the Black Tiger which is a Thai western, and I know your thinking "a Thai western?" But yes its a Thai western and one of my newest favorite movies. When is comes to movies I am all about horror than sci-fi and than westerns, so I get excited when I find something new. We watched it on a Saturday morning when I was having a not so great day. I was instantly hooked and in love. Brownlog loves to watch me love things if that makes sense, so he was excited to see that I liked it that much. 
   It is a Thai western from 2000 written and directed by Wisit Sasanatieng. It is so bright and colorful with great music. The characters grab you and suck you in for a really great story/plot. The casting was great, it stars Chartchai Ngamsan as Dum Dua/Seua Dum (Black Tiger) and Stella Malucchi as Rumpoey Prasit as the main characters. It has this 1950's-1960's melodrama feel with action, shootouts, violence mixed in with yet a modernist approach . It takes place in Thailand where a gang of outlaws makes the region unsafe. Among them is the a young handsome gun hero Dum, who became unwillingly involved in the bandit life. Dum made a promise to his love Rumpoey (despite their class difference) they would be married, they had been in love since they were children, lost touch but found each other again. When the moment of the reunion arrives, Dum gets involved in a fight and cannot reach Rumpoey in time, she thinks he has broken his promise. She than finds out when returning home that her father has given her off to a policeman. Dum, now called the 'Black Tiger' by his co-conspirators, has not forgotten Rumpoey and does everything in his power to reach her. But fate gets in the way and when the police come to killed the gang. A young policeman is about to be killed by "Black Tiger", the policeman makes a request to let the lady he is about to marry know that he died in the gun fight with honor. When the policeman hands him a picture the "Black Tiger" finds out that the policeman is engaged to the only girl he loves. Well one way or another the policeman is freed. "Black Tigers" gang leader suspects him of treachery and his blood brother turns into his greatest enemy. Now it's up to him to save himself and do the right thing and save the day. 

No comments: